Alternative Spring Break in Israel
March 3-11, 2018
Are you looking for something meaningful to do this Spring Break? Do you want to experience your heritage in a new and inspiring way? Are you interested in making new connections on campus?
Join Pittsburgh pro-Israel undergraduate students on an all-expenses paid* week long Alternative Spring Break in Israel!
This unique opportunity allows you to experience Israel based on your interests and offers an exclusive itinerary that will focus on:
- Human Rights and Society
- Arts and Culture
You will have the opportunity to:
- Visit Jerusalem, Tel Aviv and Ramallah
- Have access to exclusive briefings from Jewish and Arab Israeli elected officials and civil servants
- Learn from Israeli entrepreneurs and environmental experts
- Interact with Israeli and Palestinian activists
- Speak with high-ranking security and terrorism experts and IDF officials
- Receive advocacy training from Israeli communications experts
- Deepen connections in Israel by working the land
- Pray at the Kotel and tour Yad Vashem
- Return to campus with an enhanced perspective on Israel
By joining our Alternative Spring Break in Israel, you will have the unique opportunity to deepen your connection and broaden your understanding of the realities of life in Israel.
*Dates subject to change
**Itinerary subject to change
***Refundable deposit of $250 required
Eligible candidates for the Alternative Spring Break in Israel must meet the requirements listed below:
- Jewish Freshman, Sophomores, and Juniors who already been to Israel with Birthright.
- Students who are interested in sharing their experience with others through campus programming, campus outreach, fostering relationships, etc.
- Students who will engage in a diverse scope of campus reach/involvement and will offer diverse representation of varying fields of interest