Pitt Perspectives is a fully subsidized trip to Israel and the Palestinian territories offered to exceptional Pitt student leaders interested in exploring geopolitical aspects of the region. This program is designed to break stereotypes and move away from polarizing soundbites, giving students the incredible opportunity to learn firsthand about the history, land, cultures, people, and conflict of Israel and the Palestinian territories.
Current first, second, and third-year undergraduate students holding top-tier leadership positions of significant influence in the University of Pittsburgh community are invited to apply below for this selective opportunity. Further information about the trip follows.
Pitt Perspectives Trip
- WHO: 20-25 Pitt student leaders of significant influence, including a mix of Jewish and non-Jewish students (Undergraduate Sophomores and Juniors preferred, but Undergraduate Freshmen and non-Graduating Seniors may also apply)
- WHEN: DECEMBER 27, 2021- JANUARY 6, 2022
- WHERE: Discover the State of Israel and the Palestinian territories, where you will meet with Israeli and Palestinian representatives and public figures from different ethnic, religious and cultural minorities, as well as visit historic and holy sites for Muslims, Christians, and Jews.
- WHAT: Gain a deeper understanding of Israeli culture and society, the regional geopolitical conflict, and the long history of the region, while becoming a campus ally and partner to the University of Pittsburgh Jewish community. Connect with fellow student leaders while traveling through, experiencing first hand, and discussing the deep complexities of this historic land.
- COST: $0, including international travel to and from a New York-area airport, private motorcoach with driver and tour guide, luxurious accommodations each night, and all activities and meals on the itinerary (two meals included each day). Associated costs may apply. See our FAQs for details.
- TIMELINE: See our FAQs for details.
- Pitt Perspectives 2022 – Tentative Itinerary
We keep your personal information private and secure. What you share with Hillel JUC through our website is stored privately and securely strictly for Hillel JUC purposes. We use this information to contact you and provide each of our students with personal support and meaningful programming. We also use aggregated, anonymous information to measure the impact of our organization on campus.