We invite our whole community to join us, the Jewish community of CMU, at the Hillel Jewish University Center of Pittsburgh (4607 Forbes Ave.) for a memorial and commemoration of the Hebrew calendar date, known as the Yahrzeit, of the Squirrel Hill Synagogue Shooting, the 18th day of the Jewish month of Cheshvan, for a Day to Remember, Repair, Together.
- 9:30 AM – Orthodox Shabbat Services for Jewish Students
- 11:00 AM – Interfaith Shabbat & Remembrance Service for All to Experience Jewish Spirituality
- 12:00 PM – Shabbat Kiddush (A special gathering to recite the blessing over wine/grape juice and have a small nosh/bite to eat)
- 12:30 PM – Shabbat Lunch for All to Come Together (Menu: Chicken/Veg/GF Schnitzel, Apple Kugel, Roasted Veggies, GF Potato Kugel, and Dessert)
- 1:30 PM – Learning Session with Hillel JUC’s Senior Jewish Educator for All to Grow and Reflect Together (Topic: Love & Justice)
- As Shabbat Concludes – 3rd Meal on Shabbat (Menu: Challah rolls, GF rolls, Tuna Salad, Egg Salad, Fruit Platter) & Havdallah (a beautiful ceremony of closing rituals for Shabbat)
PLEASE RSVP BELOW (recommended, though not required).